Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My 1st Time Tracting

So my last week in the MTC we went tracting. It was sooooo scary and brutal. No one we saw wanted to talk to us. It was like they all hated us. We prayed and then were able to give someone a Book Of Mormon, but the biggest success we had was at the last door. The woman actually let us in :) We taught her about the restoration and she wanted to learn more, so we are sending another set of missionaries back to vist with her. Tracting made me realize that I have so, so, so much more to learn.
I am now in the mission field, and am scared to death (It's only been one day :)) I know I just need to put my trust in the Lord and everything will be OK. My new companion is really smart! His name is Elder Reese. He is from Salt Lake City, and was actually companions with one of my friends, Spencer Story, who is now home. We are getting ready to go out and teach a first discussion. I am so nervous!!!! And Elder Reese wants be to ask the person we are teaching to be baptized. Oh, I'm sooooo nervous! But I know this church is true and that if I put my trust in the lord I can do things, I just need to open my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment